Q: 常和外國交換學生, 或出國時和同年齡(青少年)交談時, 第一句的開
     頭都會問說:你哪個學校?幾年級的?我要這樣說:
What's your
     school?
Where do you study in? (X)

A: 問第一次見面的人「你從哪裡來?」Where do you come from?機 
     會比較大吧?問人家念哪所學校不是很怪嗎?萬一答案是:賓州第十
     七中學, 這對你有什麼意義嗎?
不過還是先回答你的問題:
What school do you go to?  你讀哪所學校?
Where do you study? 你在哪裡讀書?
What state do you study in? 你在哪一州讀書?
What grade are you in?  你幾年級?
若對方是大學生, 則要說:
What year are you? 你幾年級?
下次想交朋友, 可以問問對方的興趣、星座、偶像之類的,對話題進展可能比較有幫助喔:
What are your interests / hobbies? 你有什麼興趣/嗜好嗎?
What do you do in your spare time? 你閒暇時都做些什麼?
Do you like to work out? 你喜歡運動嗎?
What NBA team do you like?  你喜歡NBA的哪支球隊?
What's your sign? 你的星座是什麼?
Our signs are very compatible. 我們的星座很合喔.
What kind of music do you like? 你喜歡哪種音樂?
Do you like Ricky Martin? 你喜歡瑞奇馬汀嗎?
Where do you go for fun? 你都到哪裡玩?
Do you like to travel?  你喜歡旅遊嗎?
What's your favorite kind of food? 你最喜歡哪種食物?
Are you out-going? 你外向嗎?
Do you have an idol?  你有偶像嗎?