In the following telephone conversation, The Receptionist and the Patient, a woman is calling her doctorˇ¦s office to make an appointment.
Listen to Speaker A (the woman calling) and make responses to her by saying Speaker Bˇ¦s lines, which are shown on Worksheet B.
Say the lines for Speaker A (the woman making the phone call), which are given on Worksheet A, and Speaker B will respond to you.
1. Work with a partner.
2. You and your partner will play the roles of Speaker A and Speaker B.
3. Talk to each other as naturally as possible.
4. Feel free to look back at the worksheets, if necessary.
5. When you finish the conversation, change roles, and repeat steps 3 and 4.
6. Click here if you want to listen to the complete conversation.